Day 2 of 8.5day Health & Happiness Retreat : Bohdi Meditation

I attended Bodhi Meditation held in puti center in lvl3 Brem mall, Kepong on 2/9/17. The course is 8.5 day from 8.30am-6pm. I was interested in meditation because my future profession requires me to be still in order to detect/feel the rhythm of ones flow of body fluid in order to unlock/release the restriction in the body. So when the opportunity was presented i just jump on the ship without much thinking. Prior to this i have search online for meditation class in kl/pj but couldn't find much venue that offers this type of class. The closest thing i came across/experience is yin yoga class for relaxation held in aravind yoga kl, plaza damas. So i'm really excited for this 8.5day retreat. The best thing is it doesn't cost anything, is FREE. Could you imagine i paid RM2700 for 4day stretching course in august. Of course i have my doubts when signing up for this 8.5days course for free.

Anyway the puti center in Kepong is very nice & looked upscale, i would never imagine stepping in these kind of place if it werent for the meditation. This kind of place looks like for those above 50 year old people gathering and strong believer of Buddha. I would associate this organisation to something like Tzu Chi or Han Studies even though i've never been to anyone of them. Those are my first impression. Another cool thing about this course is you get 3meal a day for free as well omggg.... everything seems to good to be true but it is.

On the first day, after removing your shoe in putting them in plenty of shoe cabinet outside, you enter the glass door and proceed to put your belongings in the provided lockers. Then you can proceed to have some food lay down all before you on a table such as roti canai, bread with jam, egg, rice etc.. and you can have 3in1 coffee, coco drinks, oats cereal, Chinese tea etc etc. and there are plenty of nice table and chair for you to seat. The environment is very clean x10times better than a canteen or mamak something similiar to an upscale cafe.

On the first day i practice MEDITATION OF GREATER ILLUMINATION which uses exactly the same material from the video 30+mins each time.
The first time when i place both my hand with finger touching over my head i felt a tingling or electric sensation on my thumb down about 5cm of distance. I was told it was a form of receiving energy, i was skeptical at first cause i have alot of experience with tingling sensation from nerve impingement so i brushed off the former idea. I did one more session of meditation in the afternoon (however i forgot what i felt d), i left after the session at 2.45pm since i have a physio appointment at 3pm in seksyen 17 pj. This occasion presented me with my first experience after doing x2 meditation in a day. I know i'm going to be late for my appointment so i was in a rush, the moment i put on my shoe and leave the building i notice my feet/body are lighter, my driving attitude also changed alot. In the past i would stress out and step on the pedal and overtake car to reach the destination as soon as possible. My emotion and physical would be link and get into flight or fight mode eg. worry,eager, anger, tense etc. However this time, even though i still feel i need to be fast, my brain is urging me to be fast, i still step on the pedal but there is a calmness in me that never existed before in this type of situation. I feel serene and calm, physically i'm relaxed, my muscle are soft not tense/contracted but i'm still speeding and my mind still wants me to get there faster. The situation is like my mind, emotion, and physical are thinking differently instead of working together as one which is getting into flight or fight mode. Even if the car infront of me is slow i would just let it be and follow behind obediently (not closely like asking/forcing him to move aside) and wait for the opportunity to overtake. In the past i would just scold the driver in my car drive like turtle, si beh beh tahan and some #@$^%*#. Something definitely has changed in me yesterday. Since i love it so much after my appointment i decide to go back at 5pm to complete the class till 6pm.

Today i learn another meditation call BODHI MEDITATION OF PURITY. Instead of standing meditation with the greater illumination, this is a sitting meditation.


First let's talk about greater illumination meditation. After several practice the meditation becomes easier for me, at first i feel the part where you do anticlockwise and clockwise circle with your hand folded is too long, i keep thinking when is this part going to end is like taking forever. However the more i practice the shorter the session it is to me, i no longer worry about when the session is going to end but totally emerges myself in the meditation. I still gets tingling sensation which last 1-2sec at different body parts not only for greater illumination but also meditation of purity and mantra chant until i couldn't escape but to believe there is really some energy flowing within me since i knew what i felt is no longer nerve impingement.

Since throughout the whole class we basically sit on a mat as shown on the picture from 8.30-6pm
.
by no means your legs are going to feel comfortable if your not use to sitting with leg cross. I could only sit this way for one or two hour max and reached my limit. You are going to feel super uncomfortable here and there depends, and after my limit every few minutes i find myself changing sitting position, massaging my leg, twisting my body doing all sort of stretching massaging bringing my knees close to my chest or just lay and extends my legs out. Not to mention when you do stand up and do mediation standing on the same spot your calf muscle is going to tighten and sore.

Here comes another great discovery or experience. First time i'm doing meditation of purity i notice my lower back is sore my thoracic is sore as well, my lower back was already sore from the yesterday sitting. Halfway through the meditation i notice my body start getting this tingling sensation at various point and suddenly.... SUDDENLY.... i felt a SENSATION, a very pleasing sensation going through my legs lifting off the pain/soreness that i was feeling.... i was like omggggg.... is this really happening.... and then 'BAMMM' i no longer feel the need to change my leg direction anymore is like my leg just give up fighting making me miserable while sitting. I have the range of movement under my command, all this happen in like 20mins and then i just smile couldn't believe what i was experiencing awhile ago and went on to complete the meditation.

Ever since that experience, throughout the whole day of sitting i no longer find the need to move my legs frequently i feel at ease sitting. I mean i still get sore on my legs while sitting but is no longer to an extent which is not tolerable and having to massage apply pressure on the sore point, rub my feets, etc etc instead i just sit there quietly feeling amazing of what I've achieved so far.

That's all for now, just wanted to jot down some notes before i forget my experience. This place is definitely a great place to hangout i can easily understand why people keep coming everyday. There are different classes held everyday and admission is free, food is free, is air conditioned my environment is superb. You can decide to volunteer yourself doing charity since all of the people working there are unpaid volunteer. In exchange you get so many group of friends that is interested in your health & wellbeing, you get to chit chat, exercise, meditate, chant and lastly leaving the center feeling positive & energized. What else do you want?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Chiropractic experience in KL, Malaysia

SkyTrex "big thrill"

UK Tier 4 Visa student application in Malaysia 2017