Trouble settling down

If i'm honest to myself, i hate to admit it, but i'm having trouble settling down in UK after 9 days here. I found myself very lonely during weekends and when school finishes half day. I'm still looking for a better accommodation currently. I do not stay in a student house so i got no one to communicate with. Is all just me and myself living in a room with a landlord. This is my current situation, i can only spend time in my room and eat in the dining space, other times i'm not allowed to chill in the the living or dining area as the area are private area for the family, i could not use the drying tumbler to dry my clothes as the electricity is high. The weather in maidstone, UK is always drizzling i found my clothing more wet when i hang them out compare to when just finished in washing machine. Right now my room have clothes lying everywhere. My room doesn't have wardrobe and desk or chair. So i'm sitting on the floor with laptop on my single bed.

I can spend half of my day outside in the city walking aimlessly from morning to noon. But once i reached home at 4pm my stomach gets hungry at 6pm and i find it difficult for myself to walk another 30mins to get food. So far there's only one day i skip dinner because my legs are tired to walk. Just to let you know how much time i spend on walking around maidstone. Starting from friday i bump into 2 students at a corner of the street near where they are living at 7pm. Saturday i saw another student at maidstone east station, Today i saw another 2 students dining in Mcdonald. You don't just bump into people if you don't stay on the street long enough.

I find it difficult to strike a chord with students who are 19 years old or early 20s. There's only Asian in the whole school, me as a Malaysian Chinese in first year, there is one Korean in second year and third our librarian comes from Hong Kong years ago. Being an Asian probably doesn't help as well. Maidstone is a small town without any Universities, so you don't get to see many or any Asian in town. There's no China town here for sure. I don't get that feel of Asian being together and hanging out in city, that closeness doesn't exits for me in Maidstone,UK compare to my time in Perth, Aus. I have no trouble settling down in Perth since the first day as there are plenty of Asian studying and you get to know alot more by hanging out in China Town.

I'm in a bad situation mainly because i did not find an accommodation before hand and am struggling to find one now. Apparently agent and owner don't like student that much, the only solution to overcome this problem is to throw 12month rental fee upfront in their face... Because i feel bad for myself i had opt to join $55/month gym membership instead of $15/month membership, i've splurge on shopping clothes too make myself feel better.

3main priority to get over my small depression 1)Open a bank account, facing this problem due to failure to find permanent address and have to wait for my biometric residence permit
2)Find a better accommodation near school and city so i could cycle to school and city within 10mins or walk to school or city within 20mins instead of 35mins currently
3)Get a main transport be in bicycle or car

Once i get these 3 things done then i would have no more complains or trouble settling down. With new accomodation i can use wifi and watch youtube or movie at home with a proper desk and chair. I can wash my clothing whenever i want and use dryer to my heart desire. My clothing can be organize nicely in wardrobe. I can cycle or drive to school or do grocery shopping and cook whatever i wanted. Driving to restaurant or takeaway wouldn't be a problem anymore. In my free time i can go gym do pilates,yoga and swim in david llyods gym. The rest of my time will be spend on studying in the library or at home. This is how i envision living 4 years as a student in maidstone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Chiropractic experience in KL, Malaysia

SkyTrex "big thrill"

UK Tier 4 Visa student application in Malaysia 2017